Welcome to 2022! The yr has formally kicked off, and it appears to be like like the subsequent one year might be packed stuffed with high-profile releases on PC and console. While February 2022 presently has the Q1 lion’s share of big-name releases, January seems like a misleading calm earlier than the storm. You will not see too many new video games on this listing, however there are just a few large names which might be profiting from the extra subdued launch schedule.
God of Warfare (Jan. 14)
January is a month for extra PlayStation console exclusives to reach on PC, and that push continues with the arrival of Kratos in God of War. One of many easiest video games of the PS4 period, Sony Santa Monica’s gripping story of fatherhood, Nordic myths, and essentially the most satisfying axe return-to-sender impact in all of gaming is an unmissable expertise for anybody who’s interested by God of Warfare.
Rainbow Six Extraction (Jan. 20)
Within the some-vs-many class that appears to be extremely popular with builders these days, Ubisoft is hitting 2022 with the debut of Rainbow Six Extraction. Whereas Rainbow Six Extraction contains varied options from Rainbow Six Siege, this recreation is extra targeted on tight teamwork that is pitted towards quite a few bioweapons which might be out to get you.
Put up-launch, anticipate a sizeable amount of free content resembling Disaster Occasions and the Maelstrom Protocol that’ll put your abilities to the last word check.
Pokemon Legends: Arceus (Jan. 28)
Arriving mere months after the launch of the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remakes, Pokemon Legends: Arceus represents a large departure for the pocket monster franchise. A visit again in time to when the Sinnoh area was often known as the Hisui area, the newest Pokemon recreation is all about surveying, catching, and researching wild Pokemon whereas engaged on the primary Pokedex for that land. Numerous fascinating gameplay tweaks, new Pokemon variants, and extra harmful terrain to discover make the subsequent chapter within the long-running collection an intriguing step ahead that has the potential to shake the same old formulation up.
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Assortment (Jan. 28)
Uncharted: Legacy Of Thieves Collection represents the primary time that the franchise might be playable on PC, because the previously PlayStation-exclusive collection packs in remasters of each Uncharted 4 and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Arriving first on PS5, the PC model of the Uncharted assortment will launch later within the yr and is being developed by Iron Galaxy. In case you missed out on the earlier video games, Uncharted 4 continues the story of protagonist Nathan Drake, whereas The Misplaced Legacy is a spin-off recreation that shines a highlight on Chloe Frazer and Nadine Ross.
January 2022 Video Recreation Launch Schedule
- Demon Gaze Additional (Swap, PS4) – January 6
- Madison (PC) – January 7
- Monster Hunter Rise (PC) – January 12
- Astroneer (Swap) – January 13
- The Anacrusis (PC through Steam Early Entry) – January 13
- God Of Warfare (PC) – January 14
- WARNO (PC through Steam Early Entry) – January 20
- Blackwind (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Sequence X|S, Swap) – January 20
- Windjammers 2 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Sequence X|S, Swap, Stadia) – January 20
- RPGolf Legends (PC, Swap, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Sequence X) – January 20
- Rainbow Six Extraction (PS5, PS4, Xbox Sequence X|S, Xbox One, Stadia, PC) – January 20
- Hidden Deep (PC through Steam Early Entry) – January 24
- Kingdom of the Lifeless (PC) – January 26
- Diplomacy is Not an Choice (PC through Steam Early Entry) – January 26
- Circuit Superstars (PS4) – January 27
- Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX 2 (PS5, PS4, Xbox Sequence X|S, Xbox One, PC) – January 27
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus (Swap) – January 28
- Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Assortment (PS5) – January 28