In December, Apple launched a giant enlargement of its end-to-end encryption for iCloud within the US with the characteristic rolling out worldwide with iOS 16.3 RC (set for public launch subsequent week). Because it seems, Apple has shared there’s a HomePod bug the place they will’t be arrange or up to date if Superior Information Safety has been enabled and the good speaker isn’t operating at the very least HomePod software program 16.2. Fortuitously, there are two methods to repair it, right here’s how.
Noticed by Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman, Apple printed a brand new support document that covers “what to do if you happen to can’t arrange or replace your HomePod after Superior Information Safety is enabled.”
Those that choose up a brand new HomePod mini is likely to be affected in addition to those that attempt to arrange or replace an older full-size HomePod. And with the brand new HomePod 2 on its way to prospects quickly, it’s doable they might ship with the 16.1 software program relying on how lengthy they’ve been boxed up.
It’s unclear for now if the bug will probably be resolved with the general public launch of iOS 16.3.
The best way to repair the HomePod bug
The best way to replace HomePod mini utilizing a Mac or PC
- Unplug your HomePod mini from the ability brick and plug the USB-C cable into your pc
- For Mac, open Finder (for PC, open iTunes)
- Click on your HomePod when it seems (backside left Finder sidebar on Mac)
- Select Restore HomePod to replace to the most recent software program
- When put in, you may unplug your HomePod mini out of your pc, reconnect it to the ability brick, and arrange your HomePod by holding your iPhone near it
The best way to replace HomePod by turning off Superior Information Safety
For the full-size HomePod 1 and a couple of or if you happen to can’t replace your HomePod mini with a Mac/PC, you need to use this selection.
Apple says “In case you select to quickly flip off Superior Information Safety, it’s best to flip it again on instantly after your HomePod software program is up to date. Till you flip Superior Information Safety again on, your account makes use of standard data protection.”
- Flip off Superior Information Safety through iPhone by heading to Settings > Your identify > iCloud > Superior Information Safety
- In case you received an error message if you beforehand tried to arrange your HomePod, it’s possible you’ll must reset your HomePod
- Update your HomePod to the most recent software program utilizing the Residence app
- Flip Superior Information Safety again on with iPhone Settings > Your identify > iCloud > Superior Information Safety
Have you ever handled this HomePod bug? Share your expertise within the feedback!
Learn extra 9to5Mac tutorials:
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: